NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- Full time
- Part time
- Job share
- Royal Shrewsbury Hospital
- £82,096 - £110,683 Per annum
- 30/10/2021 23:59
A full-time Consultant Haematologist is required at The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust. The position is based at the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital and also requires out-patient duties at The Princess Royal Hospital, Telford, and a consultative on-call service for the Robert Jones & Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital, Oswestry.
This is a new position due to growing service need.
Main duties of the job
The position offers 10 Programmed Activities and a 1:6 on call weekend commitment attracting 1 additional session and a 5% supplement for overnight non-resident on call working.
Working for our organisation
The team consists of 6 Consultant Haematologists working to 4.4 WTE offering sub-specialisaiton alongside a general Haematology commitment.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
The Haematology service is centred at the Shrewsbury site and with clinics at Telford where level 1 care is provided. All Haematologists will have responsibility for general referrals.
The duties are open to negotiation depending on the particular interests of the successful applicant
- Possession of FRCPath (Haematology) and MRCP or equivalent qualifications
- Full GMC registration with Licence to practice
- GMC Specialist Registration in Specialty or be eligible for entry onto the Specialist Register within 6 months of obtaining CCT at time of interview
- Clinical training and experience equivalent to that required for gaining UK CCT in Haematology
- Ability to offer expert clinical opinion on range of problems both emergency and elective within speciality
- Ability to take full and independent responsibility for clinical care of patients
Management and Administrative Experience
- Ability to organise and manage daily working priorities
- Leadership qualities
- Experience of audit
- Ability to motivate and develop the multidisciplinary team, balancing departmental and personal objectives
- Ability to teach clinical skills to medical and nursing staff and laboratory staff
- Ability to apply research outcomes to clinical problems
- Honesty and reliability
- Ability to work in a team
- Enquiring, critical approach to work
- Caring attitude to patients
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, relatives, GPs, nurses and other agencies
- Commitment to Continuing Professional Development
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Dr Dewi Eden
- Job title
- Consultant Haematologist
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01743 261000
- Additional information
For an informal discussion, further details or to arrange a visit please contact
Dr Dewi Eden, Consultant Haematologist on 01743 261000 Ext 1444